How Things Work Here At Gray

Here at Gray this is how my day goes. My day at school is pretty simple. There is seven class periods (Plus advisory). And we get a locker break after first, third, fifth, lunch and the end of the day. For first period I go to science. That class starts at 8:00 and ends at 8:44. Then I go to second period ELA. That class starts at 8:45 and goes until 9:33. After second I go to third period math. That class goes from 9:34 to 10:22. Then I go to fourth period social studies. That class starts at 10:23 and ends at 11:11. Finally I go to fifth period PBL (Which stands for project base learning). That class starts at 11:12 and ends at 11:55. Then after fifth I go to lunch. I come back a to my fifth period class get my stuff and go to my locker. Then I go to advisory (Which is about a 20 min class to do homework). Advisory starts at 12:33 and ends at 12:55. Then I go to sixth period art. That starts at 12:55 and ends at 1:42. Finally I go to sixth period gym. That starts at 1:44 and ends at 2:27. And that’s my day. But, for the common core classes they all start and end at the same time but everyone has different classes for different periods. And for sixth and seventh those are our extra curricular classes so not everyone has the same extra classes.

Out of the whole year we have many school days. We started on August 16 2017 and our last day of school is May 24 2018. And we get fall break, thanksgiving break, winter break, spring break and then school is over. We also switch extra curricular classes every seven weeks. And that’s also when the term ends.

When I get out of school I want to become a dental hygienist and help people with dental hygiene. I am going to help specifically kids. My plan is to graduate high school and then go to collage( I don’t know which collage yet) and get a degree and graduate. Then become a dental hygienist. I am going to accomplish this by working very hard in school.

I want to become a dental hygienist because I know kids don’t like to brush their teeth but it’s super important. I want to be very successful in life. This is why I work so very hard in school. I hope that I can make a difference in someone’s life. It would mean so much to me.

If I was principal for a week I would let us sit wherever we want at lunch. I would do this because I don’t  get to sit with some of my other friends at lunch. Also because some kids sit alone at lunch because they are not allowed to sit with their friends. I think it is very unfair to us. So, if I was principal for a day I would change that rule.

If I was teacher for a day I would let everyone play educational games. I know some kids fall asleep in class because it is boring. So if we played games everyone would be engaged in the lesson.

33rd Week - Soft Light Damien Walmsley via Compfight

Schoolroom at Burnaby Village MuseumCreative Commons License Ruth Hartnup via Compfight